Thursday, August 9, 2012

First Stop....Fredericksburg, VA

So it is finally here.  Day 1 is in the books and we have arrived in Fredericksburg, Virginia 230 miles later.  Thats right, I said it, Dr. Ross rode his bike 230 MILES in one day!!!!!  On our last trip, the most he rode was about 150 or so I believe, so this was pretty incredible.  He left at about 5 AM this morning and we finished around 7:30 PM.  At dinner, he was so tired, that at the end of the meal he said that he was too tired to chew his food. haha. So this morning, on my way to meet up with Dr. Ross a vehicle in the other lane on the highway had a suitcase, a stroller and some other plastic bags fall off their roof and all over the highway.  The suitcase completely split open and stuff was flying everywhere.  It was pretty crazy! We also went straight through Richmond, Virginia which had some pretty rough sections of town, but there were also some pretty cool buildings and rivers to look at as well. Can I also mention that I am proud to say that I did not get a flat tire on the tahoe on the first day :)    (knock on wood) and Dr. Ross was fortunate not to get a flat on his bike either.  Although, I have a feeling at some point we will be replacing some type of a tire, it is inevitable.  Well, we are both pretty exhausted.  In fact, Dr. Ross is already sleeping and I am about to fall asleep with this computer in my lap so I better get to bed as well.  Anyways, thanks to all of you for your support and prayers!  We will be in touch tomorrow.

Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment